Wednesday, August 03, 2011

TOM HARDY TALKS PLAYING BANE IN THE DARK KNIGHT RISES


Source: Totalfilm.com


Totalfilm.com recently sat down for a chat with Tom Hardy and talked about his role as Bane in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES.

His first response when Director Christopher Nolan called him up and offered him the role of Bane:

‘Hang on a minute. You’re asking me to come round the world with you in a Batman movie, playing a villain, and the only downside to it is I have to wear a mask? Hmmm, let me think. I’ll get back to you… No, I’m f***ing there, man! Anything you need.’”

When asked if his incarnation of Bane would follow suit with his comic book counterpart and be ‘The Man Who Broke The Bat’ Tom goes on to say, “Mmmmm… Good lead-in, but all I can say is that Chris has a plan up his sleeve that’s not at all disappointing. And that is a definite choice that’s watertight in every respect.

He goes on to say, “I think Bane’s f***ing cool so I’m really excited to play him. It’s not the guy in Joel Schumacher’s film, but it shouldn’t disappoint fanboys…”

Wearing a mask is no concern either. “Any time you put something over your face, you’re going to adopt a personality and a physicality that has nothing to do with acting. It allows a performance to be free.”


0 comments:

Post a Comment